6.09.2011

top of the world

I wished I was smarter.
Wished I was stronger.
I wished I loved Jesus the way the my friend does.
I wished it'd been easier instead of any longer.
I wished I could've stood where you would've been proud.
That won't happen now.
There's a whole lot of sinners that are not going be heard.
Disppearing every day without so much as a word.
Somehow.
I'm afraid I broke the wings off that little songbird.
And she's never gonna fly to the top of the world.
I don't have to answer any of these questions.
Don't have any guide to teach me any lessons.
I come home in the evening and sit in my chair.
One night they called me for supper, but I never got up.
I stayed right there.
In my chair.
There's a whole lot of singing that isn't going be heard.
Disappearing every day without so much as a word.
Somehow.
I think I broke the wings off a little songbird.
And she's never gonna fly to the top of the world.
I wished I'd had known you.
Wished I had shown you all of the things I was.
But I'd pretend to be sleeping when you'd come in in the morning to whisper goodbye.
Go work at the rain.
I don't know why.
Don't know why.
Cause everyone's singing.
We just wanna be heard.
Disappearing every day without so much as a word.
So how?
Gonna grab a hold of that little songbird and take her for a ride to the top of the world.
Right now.
To the top of the world.

No comments: